An Integrative Approach To Sports Performance & Nutrition
Learn with Designs for Health as we explore the Dynamics and Innovations of Nutrition for Sports Performance.
Kira Sutherland draws on her personal and professional experience to cover:
- Understanding the application of micronutrients to sports performance and mitochondrial function
- Application of performance training macronutrients as it applies to recovery
- Learning the use of nutrients and herbs to assist sports training/exercise energy and recovery
- How to minimise tissue stress
- Learning the relevance of food-as-medicine on athletic and exercise performance
- The smart approach for recovery including for Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)
- Working with athletes and how this differs from regular clients in the area of sports nutrition
Meet the Speaker: Kira Sutherland
Kira Sutherland is an Australian Naturopath, Nutritionist and Sports Nutritionist with more than 25 years in clinical practice. Her focus in performance nutrition led her to be the first Naturopath in Australia to undertake the International Olympic Committees diploma in sports nutrition.
She was the 2019 winner of the BioCeuticals Integrative Medicine Award for Excellence in practice (Nutrition/Dietetics).
Kira divides her time between clinical practice, lecturing at the undergraduate level, and mentoring practitioners of complementary medicine in the application of holistic sports nutrition. In her free time, she competes in endurance sport and skis with her family as much as possible.