Medlab are the leaders and innovators within the ProBiotic industry providing unique clinically effective disease specific range of patent protected, MultiBiotic & NGR MultiBiotics products.
Medlab Clinical is a medical research and development facility researching and formulating novel bio-therapeutics (e.g., nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals) to improve health outcomes in early to moderate stage chronic diseases such as chronic kidney disease and pre-diabetes/obesity.
Understanding chronic diseases
Understanding the impact of chronic diseases is vital; the Australian Institute of Health Welfare (AIHW) claims nearly 9 in 10 (89%) of deaths in 2020 were associated with the 10 chronic diseases (source https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/australias-health/chronic-conditions-and-multimorbidity).
Finding solutions for chronic diseases
We research bacteria and develop biological medicines that restore human health by addressing the problem where it often starts: the gut. We create innovative new medicines, such as medicines derived from bacterial metabolites and bioavailable cannabinoids for the management of pain associated with cancer, HIV/AIDS, and chronic disease.
We use nanotechnology to deliver medicines in nanoparticles that can be more readily absorbed when administered directly into the mouth or nose. We create next “gen” solutions for pharmaceuticals for better delivery and improved pharmacokinetics, such as statins, utilising technologies that will markedly improve health outcomes and diminish side effects.
We focus on delivering new medicines for:
- Obesity management, specifically in the pre-diabetic and type II diabetic areas, and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), specifically in the early to moderate stages
- Depression, specifically in the early to moderate stages and medication resistant patients
- Anti – aging, specifically musculoskeletal loss associated with the aging process
- Pain management, specifically the role medical cannabis can play as an alternative to traditional opioid medication
- Delivery systems, utilising small particles for improved bioavailability and overall patient compliance
- Evidence – based nutraceuticals that can be used as an adjunct to the primary care of patients diagnosed with chronic diseases.
- Research starts at the molecular level with genome sequencing, then progresses to cell culture studies, animal studies (if warranted) and human trials.
- Collaborative partners are used when appropriate in order to access larger patient numbers and offer multi-centre perspectives on trial outcomes when needed.
Are you a health practitioner who would like to access these products?
If you are a patient and would like to access these products, use our map to find your local Practitioner.